[Ti] WAY off topic, but...

Alan Thompson alan at alanthompson.net
Thu Jun 9 20:16:51 PDT 2005

I don't know how happy you can be doing that - I was at the game
tonight, and while they didn't go down easily, they were just swept
by the Nationals, and have been generally last in most offensive
categories (and in their division) most of the season.  it's too bad
(I just moved back to DC after eight years in San Francisco, where I
became a huge A's fan - and got my wife into it too!).  I think Billy
made a mistake getting rid of Mulder and Hudson, but that doesn't
explain away their miserable hitting and so-so pitching.  They have
good pitchers, but they're not getting much run support.

<on topic sort of>
I too check the scores on my TiBook 500, using a dashboard widget
that can track any team, or the days scores all at once:  http://
www.apple.com/downloads/dashboard/sports/scoreboard.html
</on topic sort of>

Now that I'm back in DC, and happen to have a Senators hat from the
70's, I blend right in.  I'm a little torn now between the A's, which
I won't see much more of, and now trying to follow the Nationals.
Oh, and I think the DH should be abolished.  Especially now that
Harold Baines, and Edgar Martinez have retired.  The only great DH
left, IMHO, is David Ortiz.  And I say he's young enough, and doesn't
have any bad knees that I know about - he should play the field.