[Ti] Re: like hell freezing over ?

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 03:29:46 PDT 2005

Timothy Luoma wrote:

>On Jun 9, 2005, at 8:10 PM, ~flipper wrote:
>
>>The DRM thing... dark side stuff, and something I associated with Wintel.
>
>LOL... the most successful DRM stuff in the world has been iTunes
>music store, started on OS X.
>
>On a PPC, of all things.
>
>TjL

It's been successful because it doesn't lock out material from other
sources. you can have mp3s or WAV files (etc) right along side
material bought from Apple. On the Palladium-style (hardware/software
'trusted') systems, that will change, you'll be in either/or
situation then.

You want a company somewhere (Apple, intel, Microsoft) determining
what you have and can access on 'your' PC??? That's an interesting
take on 'successful'.

brian s