[Ti] A real world comparison

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 04:16:20 PDT 2005

<illovox at comcast.net> wrote:

>Maybe Steve figures not many really use laptops for vector applications?
>
>Respectfully,
>
>Run

Is there any way to sort out which apps are more vector intensive?

I'm doing a little research (on spec) for a couple guys regarding
stock market stuff.

I'm curious about Final Cut Pro (and the HD version, and bundled
apps), as well as the bigtime audio engineering stuff.

When i saw the report from a list member regarding a problem with
support (going out over years) for PPC server stuff, it also reminded
me of back when a lot of audio/video/special effects, etc, was
designed on Macs and rendered on SGIs and whatnot.

Think all those special effects folks that are buying Xserves and
RAIDs might think twice about the biannual hardware upgrade paths?
Just curious

I don't know anybody, that works in film/broadcast, that doesn't pop
the 'dailies' onto a Powerbook for the field and home work... If FCP
is vector-intensive, there goes a boatload of early-adopter style
buying habits.

brian s