[Ti] Need cool air vs. heat Advice

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 05:36:41 PDT 2005

William Scammell wrote:

>Well, I don't know what kind of stores are in your area, but I just
>happened to price small, window ACs at a BJs Wholesale starting at
>around US $70. (I want to add another unit to my apt. to keep the
>Ti500 and Al1.5 cool as these PPC chips could be valuable some day.
>;p  )
>
>If you don't have BJs in your area there's also CostCo. And of
>course the ever present Sears/KMart. You can get decent and not too
>pricey ACs these days.

Thanks, I'll have to look at smaller shops. i'm in Syracuse, new
york, and it has a new billboarding campaign to "Buy Local', but of
course, it also no compunctions about letting Wal-Mart in. (In
effect, putting a lot of local businesses out of business, and adding
a ton of employees to the underpaid-no-health care rollercoaster).

BJs wholesale sounds national. I'll look around. The deals I saw were
all from 200 to 400 bucks. (mainly big variations in BTUs, but I'm in
a very small room here, so i don't imagine I need more than 9k BTUs,
or so).
Thanks..

brian s