[Ti] A real world comparison

Henry Kalir kalirhe at umdnj.edu
Mon Jun 13 08:09:53 PDT 2005

Chris Olson wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2005, at 3:26 AM, <illovox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> My prediction - IBM doesn't get their panties in a bundle over stuff
> like this - they get even.  In 2007, just as Apple's transition is
> about complete, they'll release a new desktop PowerPC processor with
> virtual cores (aka the Power6) that will flat blow everything in the
> ancient world of x86 right out of the water.  And they'll market it
> through Lenovo with a 64-bit linux operating system.
>
> It's been said there's 10 types of people in the world.  Those that
> understand binary, and those that don't.

Chris,

First of all - Apple has a way of doing 3 things at the same time, where
even those who develop don't know if their work will be the one used.

Second - LET IBM do their "new desktop PowerPC processor with virtual
cores (aka the Power6)". It won't blow anything except hot air. Which
computer maker will incorporate it in their machine? Who will use it?
Which applications will be written for it?

Best,

Henry