[Ti] Naming the G5 Powerbook (was: A real world comparison)

JFL jfl1970 at mac.com
Mon Jun 13 10:50:06 PDT 2005

SURE THEY CAN. The "Power" in "PowerBook" was not coined for the "Power"
in "PowerPC" -- The name existed long before the release of PowerPC
chips. Remember the PowerBook 100? Definitely not a PowerPC... I think
it used a 68HC000 chip that chugged away at 16MHz... Zoom... Still a
thing of beauty.

As far as laptop names go... Notebook, lifebook, etc... PowerBook is
snazzy. I mean, where's the life in a lifebook? (Unless you count
anything that crawled into the vents while you were sleeping...)