[Ti] fluttering screen and fan always on

Peter Sealy pandcsealy at internode.on.net
Thu Jun 16 15:18:24 PDT 2005

On 16/06/2005, at 9:32 PM, silvo conticello wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> The TiBook of a friend of mine (867MHz) has got these 2 problems:
> - There are a lot of fluttering pixels on the screen (especially in
> the lower part)
> - After starting it up, the fan starts spinning and it will never
> stop.
>
> I don't know f the problems are realated. Can anybody help me with
> this?

I can't offer anything about the screen.

But are you sure it is the fan which starts up and won't stop? If the
noise is a faint background whirring noise it probably is the hard
drive. I was confused about this for ages, thinking the fan was
always running but eventually I concluded it was the hard drive. One
way to check if the fan is running is dangle a piece of cotton thread
over the fan exhaust outlet at the right hand side of the case below
the ON-OFF button and see if the thread is blown by force of the fan
exhaust.

I have a TiPB 867 OS X 10.4.1

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA