[Ti] damaged screen or graphic card?

Daniel Rubinstein drubinstein at mac.com
Fri Jun 17 01:57:19 PDT 2005

Hi list, my name is Daniel Rubinstein, a long time lurker on this list.

I would really appreciate help with this: The screen on my Ti 550
developed a fault: few minutes after being switched on tiny blinking
lines start appearing in one of the screen corners, after a few more
minutes the lines grow into waves which run up and down the screen
until it becomes impossible to use it. I would like to know if this is
due to a faulty screen, faulty graphic card or hinges? from outside
everything seems OK, and I don't remember ever dropping the machine. I
want to buy a replacement screen from ebay, but want to be sure that it
is the screen that needs repair. Please help.

Thank you guys,

Daniel