[Ti] Dead screen

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Sat Jun 18 13:32:21 PDT 2005

On Jun 17, 2005, at 11:41 AM, C Glass wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Our 15" Ti suffered a tragedy. Its left screen hinge was broken and
> the
> display is completely black. It still functions in target-disk
> mode. Don't
> know about display mirroring because cannot read the display. We have
> PowerBook models back to the 5300C and this the first time a
> display has
> failed so we have no experience with this kind of failure. The
> questions
> are, is it difficult to repair and is it worth its repair cost or
> should it
> just be replaced?
>
> TIA,
> CDG

buy a replacement on eBay for $250 or so. Make sure you get one with
the housing. Its easy to replace but it takes a while, you have to
dismantle the entire book. Just don't buy from "bobsbid1" he ripped
me off and sent a defective screen, i finally got a replacement from
the company he represents that was also bad.

John

--
"As Republicans, we will always point out where the other party is
misguided and mistaken, but we will never embrace their hateful