[Ti] IChat Suggestions? - And wireless router for iChat?

~flipper lord.flipper at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 08:21:27 PDT 2005

Hi Mike,

To be honest, i have had the same iBot for quite
a while, and hadn't really noticed the difference
with the newer codecs.

I'm a fan of the apps that employ the H.264,
though, no question about it, and i'll be giving
it a closer look, now that the idea was brought
up.

But, 'grainy'...hmmm. that's a film
'feature'...<laughs> It only resembles a 'bug'.

Seriously, with BTV Pro, sorenson, good available
lighting, the iBot was a killer when it came out.
Do I wish it had a Zeiss lens? Sure, why not.
That would make hitting the 'price point' pretty
tough, though.

But i think 'grain' has more to do with aperture,
lens quality, bit-rate and lighting, than the
codec. just a hunch.

I haven't checked out the iSight. I tried, with a
borrowed one, but was on an older OS, and had
some issue that made it hard to get recognized.
(details are murky due to time/significance at
the time, etc).

I do know this: When I saw Mr. Jobs chatting with
his buddies (who looked 'scared', somewhat)
during the keynote a year ago, I took into
consideration that all participants were on
dedicated GServes, VPN'd, with mega-everything
underneath. Not exactly 'real world', for most of
us.

People are using Canon, Sony, Panasonic and JVC
handycam-like machines for most of the 'high-q'
stuff out on the web cam nethers...

I'm curious about the iSight specs, though.

brian s