[Ti] Wireless card

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Sat Mar 5 07:10:48 PST 2005

rob morris typed this message on 3/5/05 7:15 AM:

> Linksys 802.11b WPC11 PCMCIA Card
> ver.  1.0, 2.5 and 3.0 only
> With Ioxperts Drivers
>
> I have also tried and assortment of other cards from time to time, borrowed
> from friends and colleagues.   I like being able to switch on the fly
> between the PCMCIA card and the internal airport at will, whereas with a
> Buffalo card you have to take the airport card out.
> I find the range is better with the PCMCIA card.  I use it when I seem to be
> on the edge of a network...need a better signal than the airport card can
> provide inside the PB.

It is interesting that I get about 45% signal with my internal Airport card.
And I get 95% to 100% signal with my 3Com 3CRPAG175 card with my Powerbook
situated on the same spot on the same desk. There is really no comparison
between the range and signal strength of these PCMCIA cards and the internal
Airport Card.

jg