[Ti] New PowerBook Decisions

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Mon Mar 7 12:49:08 PST 2005

On Mar 7, 2005, at 3:02 PM, Bob Bergey wrote:

> I really appreciate everyone's input on the 15/17 inch decision. But
> you haven't helped me much at all -- I just have additional reasons in
> the benefit column of each machine! LOL
>
> It may come down to what's readily available ... I'm still leaning
> slightly more toward the 15 inch, and I discovered Saturday that my
> local dealer has the 15 inch in stock (currently has my name on it)
> and I can pick it up Thursday when I get home from my current trip,
> whereas the 17 inch is not in stock and I'd have to wait at least a
> week. Since I'm leaning toward the 15 anyway, that's probably the way
> I'll go. Thanks again, everyone.

weight vs. pixels vs. cost

15-inch: lower weight, fewer pixels, lower cost
17-inch: heavier, bigger screen, higher cost

For me, the bigger screen was worth the slightly extra weight and $300.

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 1.3 on Mac OS X 10.3.8
pkrug at mac.com