[Ti] Can we revisit the stuck pixel issue? [Questions]

John McDaniel johnmcd at one.net
Thu Mar 10 07:58:49 PST 2005

I have an original first generation 500 Mhz TiBook. When I first got
it, it had one stuck pixel on the lower right side. It was *bright*
read and EASILY visible. I was able to massage it back into working and
I've never had a problem with it since.

I've always had a shotgun cluster of very light and very small dots in
the middle of my screen, but I went for a LONG time without realizing
it. They really can't be seen unless you look hard when there's a solid
black background. They've always been most annoying/noticeable when
viewing a DVD. For a long time I thought it was a DVD player artifact
because the dots were so hard to see during normal usage but I've come
to know that they're always there.

It wasn't annoying enough to make me give up my daily (hourly!)
dependance upon my TiBook for repair at Apple.

I had always thought that stuck or dead pixels were *glaringly* obvious
(like my original one) instead of very subtle. Was my original one a
small cluster of stuck pixels? Now that I think about screen
resolution, I realize that these current aberrations are pretty small
and perhaps bad pixels. Are the sub-pixels smaller?

Anyway, I've got much more serious PowerBook problems at the moment,
and I'm still under AppleCare, so I'll be trucking down to the Apple
Store. I'm going to ask about the pixels.

Thoughts?

Anybody know what the wait time is for motherboards or major parts for
old TiBooks like mine that are in for repair under AppleCare?

TIA, j mcd
---
John McDaniel      johnmcd at one.net
---