[Ti] Remote Desktop Question

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sat Mar 12 22:27:54 PST 2005

On Mar 13, 2005, at 12:21 AM, John Lyon wrote:

> Two questions come to mind:
>
> How secure is Apple's Remote Desktop (i.e. - immune to being hax0red
> or 0wn3d)

It is not secure unless tunneled thru SSH.

> And how useable is it? It's seemed kinda choppy just across my 10 Mb/s
> LAN.

On a corporate LAN with a 1.5 Mbps (T1) or better upload speed to the
WAN, and the remote client on a broadband connection of equal or better
download speed, it works reasonably well.  Anything slower, you can
almost watch the pixels being transmitted.
--
Chris