[Ti] R E A L L Y SLOW performance...

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Sun Mar 13 12:30:35 PST 2005

On 13 Mar 2005, at 10:35, John wrote:

> Safari is just slow. When opening up one page, it pegs the computer at
> 100% - I'm not too sure if this means the preferences are corrupted,
> or if Safari itself is corrupted. The Finder crawls to a stop when
> opening up a few windows. Generally, everything is taking a long time
> and it is painful to work with. I'm "concerned" about running Onyx or
> MacJanitor as I'm not too sure which cleaning methods will change
> system behaviors.

I had exactly the same experience on my Ti 400 recently. I even
wondered whether the problem was my computer or if it was just the
"bloatware" effect.

in the end when i accidentally got the computer wet and the keyboard
and battery charging system failed, the decision was taken out of my
hands, and i upgraded to the 1.67 G4 that is working speedily right
now.

I sympathesise wholeheartedly with your position,
--
Tarik