[Ti] R E A L L Y SLOW performance...

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Mar 13 15:07:08 PST 2005

For those of you who may have been confused about my reference to the
PB G5, please read the footnote on my original email : )

> When this happens, IMHE, it's time to reformat and reinstall X.
> Believe me, I will never ignore that sign again.

I ran Onyx - so~so. I haven't cleaned the cache's yet...

I'm holding off for the next version of OS X, hopefully Tiger won't
kill my PB. I generally time my system reinstalls to OS upgrades. I do
jump into 10.4.0/1 releases, though.

Any particular horror story? I'm in the midst of developing a Cocoa
Application for a class I'm taking (not heat transfer...), and don't
want my computer to crash and burn during any demos... of which it
might do if it was a G5, literally. This is a serious question though.
I do frequent backups, but when demoing something, it should be
"mission critical." I set up a new user account just to run the app.

Thanks!

John Pariseau