[Ti] R E A L L Y SLOW performance...

Tom Warner tom at dfind.com
Sun Mar 13 15:27:15 PST 2005

On 13 Mar 2005, at 11:08 pm, Tarik Bilgin wrote:

> I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of that machine. It's ugly, noisy (the
> case design is such that when the G5 CPU is working the obviously
> small fans inside are working flat out) and my friend who bought one
> has had nothing but hardware problems with it.

I'm sorry for your friend but I'm sitting in front of a beautiful 20"
whisper quiet G5 iMac that has been utterly trouble free and has the
quietest hard drive and optical drive I've ever heard.

The fans have never gone flat out except when booting from TechTool.

One heck of a lot faster than my 667 TiBook and *SOOO much* quieter.

It's also noticably faster (and has quieter drives) than my daughters
G4 iMac.

A real winner to me.

All the best,
Tom