[Ti] Re: Lengthy Startup Time

Wilcox, Jeffrey S. LCDR (VFA37) wilcoxjs at VFA37.navy.mil
Fri Mar 18 09:27:48 PST 2005

Well I figured out the source of the delay in my startup sequence.  Thanks
for all the ideas that came from the list I appreciate the help.

I tried to start MS Word last night and out of the blue it went through it's
font optimization routine.   And it took forever!!.  Just then it hit me.  I
had messed around with some extra fonts that I were on the computer when I
bought it (prior owner included them on an Ebay purchase).  Turns out I had
accidently installed almost 2300 fonts.  After pairing that back to less
than 100 or so, it's cured.  Back to its speedy self at startup.

Thanks again,
Jeff