[Ti] Painful shocks from Ti

tristan hanlon tristan at tristansnet.com
Tue Mar 22 19:25:51 PST 2005

This was happening to me... If I had it on my lap and touched the casing
with my forearms I would get a continuous tingle.  Our Apple guy said that
due to overuse  and a lot of travel the case of my 1ghz Titanium had warped
which was causing problems with the logic board which was causing it to
short out and give me minor electric shocks. It took until the display
started playing up for me to do something about it and find out what was
wrong. Luckily, I had Applecare and now the casing (top and bottom) the
logic board have all been replaced.

(Strangely enough the only thing that is "original" on my beloved machine
now is the Combo drive and the keyboard - everything else - casing, logic
board, hard drive, display, fans, hinges, power supply etc - has been
replaced by either Applecare or insurance!)