[Ti] new battery for my TI

Ferdinand Fuchs indy27 at mac.com
Thu Mar 24 00:02:53 PST 2005

hello,

I'm considering to buy a newer technology battery for my trusty old
powerbook titanium g4/550 mhz.

they advertise their battery with 17% more battery capacity than
apples original battery.
(see http://www.newertech.com/newer_bats.html)

does anybody have experiences with this battery?

I would like know, if this battery is really better than apples own
battery and especially how long it would be in such a good condition
(month, years).

furthermore I have the problem, that my powerbook doesn't warn me
about low battery status (I use the original apple battery, now
almost 4 years old). my powerbook simply goes off without a correct
shutdown, if the battery is empty.

should this problem also be solved with a new battery?

thanks for your suggestions in advance!

best regards,

ferdinand