[Ti] Re: multiple copies with Roxio Toast Titanium

FC Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Thu Mar 24 08:52:36 PST 2005

From: "Dr. Trevor J. Hutley" <hutley at geneva-link.ch>

> I am using Roxio Toast Titanium 605 on my 1.25 Al G4 Powerbook.
>
> We have a lot of different scientific instruments arriving soon, and
> I am planning to use my Powerbook to copy all the CDs for the
> instrument software, for archival purposes.  I want to make 1 copy of
> the disc to keep with the instrument, one copy to be kept wth the
> technician, and the original to be locked away for safety.
>
> I am just doing the first one.
>
> It seems that it is not possible to make 2 copies directly from 1
> original.
> The original must be inserted to make each copy.

Trevor
Ive burned 2 copies at the same time one with internal drive and one
with external FW drive. IVe done this with both Toast 5 but not 6 yet.
(there used to be directions on Roxios web site).

With Toast 5 duplicate the application toast so one is labeled toast
copy in the same folder. Open them both choose the different burners -
burn away - copy the disk or file to your HD first.

Toast 6 should work the same.  You may not be able to do anything else
at the same time or you will get a failed burn - experiment and see.
With a Dual processor G4 ive had better results burning two at the same
time (compared to a single processor) while multi tasking but too much
multitasking as disk access is what likley causes the failed burn, as
the processors do not max out.

FC Farwell