[Ti] A couple of question

Michael Levin michael.levin at ttu.edu
Fri Mar 25 05:49:04 PST 2005

This summer, I will be traveling a lot by airplane and would like to use my
TiBook during the flight. What kind of plug, converter or power cord do I
need to use my TiBook during the flight? I have a plug for the power outlet
in my car that I put the power cord into during long drives.

Also, the bottom of my TiBook is cracked severely. Are there 3rd party
replacements available? The bottom on the TiBook is not very sturdy or
durable, and I am not sure that Apple can produce a solid metal case. When I
looked on a couple of Power Book web sites and priced replacement bottoms at
$400 ($275 for the palm and heat shield area, and $175 for the bottom with
the feat).

Finally, does anyone else notice a problem of running your TiBook on a hard
surface for extended periods of time? Unless I put my laptop on a cooling
rack or have an external fan blowing on it, the screen becomes scrambled and
the bottom and latches gets hot to the touch. Is this common? I did not
experience this problem with my PB 180 or the various Compaq and IBM Think
Pads I used at work.

Michael