[Ti] Re: A couple of question

Timothy Luoma lists at tntluoma.com
Fri Mar 25 18:29:40 PST 2005

On Mar 25, 2005, at 8:49 AM, Michael Levin wrote:

> This summer, I will be traveling a lot by airplane and would like to
> use my TiBook during the flight. What kind of plug, converter or power
> cord do I need to use my TiBook during the flight? I have a plug for
> the power outlet in my car that I put the power cord into during long
> drives.

As others have mentioned, there's no guarantee you can get an outlet on
the plane, and even if you can, that only helps when you are on a
plane.

I've seen "supplemental" external batteries which are supposed to power
laptops for extended periods, you might want to check those out.

> Finally, does anyone else notice a problem of running your TiBook on a
> hard
> surface for extended periods of time? Unless I put my laptop on a
> cooling
> rack or have an external fan blowing on it, the screen becomes
> scrambled and
> the bottom and latches gets hot to the touch. Is this common? I did not
> experience this problem with my PB 180 or the various Compaq and IBM
> Think
> Pads I used at work.

Nope, never seen that.  Hard, flat surface should be ideal.

TjL