[Ti] Cannot use DVD anymore

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Sat Mar 26 09:12:30 PST 2005

--On March 23, 2005 10:05:02 PM -0500 "J.F.Arotxa" <jfarotxa at mac.com> wrote:

> I inserted in CD in the DVD drive and I couldn't get it out. I reboot into
> Sys. 9 and could finally eject it. But now I cannot insert a disk into the
> drive (in either Sys 9 or 10). There is something in the way (I could see
> it through the slot) that does not allow me to insert the disk.

I have the exact same problem. However, I had warning that the CD/DVD is
starting to fail when it began having difficulty ingesting disks. Now the
eject mechanism is internally jammed and blocking part of the slot so that a
CD or DVD will not go in and even pressing hard doesn't help. This requires
sending back in for repair.
--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com