[Ti] Studio Disply problems

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Tue May 3 07:31:36 PDT 2005

I am wondering if anyone who uses a 17² Studio Display attached to his
Powerbook (mine is a 1.5 Ghz one) is experiencing the same problems I am
with Tiger.

For instance, this morning I had the screen suddenly go black for no reason
in the middle of scrolling through a document. It is very sudden, it flashes
black then flashes back on again almost as quickly.

I experience little static-like flecks of light racing across the screen
when things are moving and changing on the display (such as watching a DVD,
scrolling the Dock, accessing Dashboard, or watching a QuickTime video, etc.

The display gets the ³yips² every so often. Images seem to flash and jump or
jerk. When this is happening it gets very hard on the eyes and is very
tiring to look at.

With the static streaking, I found that when I ³safe boot² and subject the
display to the same conditions the static-like flecks of light do not
materialize, so there must be something that loads in with a normal boot
that causes it. But I have no idea how to ferret out the resource that is
causing it.

I should add that none of these problems occur when I am working off the
Powerbook display.

jg