[Ti] magenta flicker on Ti?

Justin R. Miller incanus at codesorcery.net
Fri May 6 13:55:26 PDT 2005

Hi list,

I used to have a Ti 667 Rev. B that I sold to a friend in February --
never really had any problems with it in 2+ years and did a number of
upgrades on it (hard drive, Airport, etc.) myself.

Yesterday, she started seeing weirdness when she moves the display in
that it will flicker magenta 100% of the time when moving back and
99.9% of the time when moving forward (her words) and very
occasionally during normal use.  It definitely sounds like hardware
to me, and she's been running 10.3.9 for a couple weeks now.  Just
wanted to see if anyone's seen similar behavior and if the culprit is
likely hardware or something else.  I'm going to try to get a look at
it when I'm traveling near her again, but I'd like to try to debug as
best I can until then as I feel bad!

Any info is welcome!

--
Justin R. Miller