[Ti] Disk Warrior 3.0.3

Dr. Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu May 12 13:03:05 PDT 2005

At 09:03 -0400 12/5/05, John Griffin wrote:
>Well, I created a supposedly ³Bootable² CD from
>my duly registered CD that I bought a few years
>ago. But when I tried to boot from it all I got
>was a Kernel Panic!
>
>Apparently my CD version will not boot my 1.5
>Ghz Aluminum Powerbook. I have to order yet
>another CD at a cost of something like $40 Cdn
>to get a CD that will work with my Powerbook.
>
>No Thanks!

John - I think what Alsoft say is that if you
have a bootable CD for your currrent Mac, then
you can update it to another bootable disk which
will also have the DW3.3 application.  The
updater does not change the OS X version, only
the Disk Warrior application.

I hit that problem myself when I moved from my
(stolen) Ti-book to this Al-book, which only
boots with 10.2.something.

I think in this case (update to 3.3) you have to
update the DW application to use it with Panther,
irrespective of whether the resulting CD you make
is bootable or not.

What I would do in your case is perhaps boot from
an external FW drive, then use the new
(non-bootable) CD to run DW to fix the boot
disk/partition on your Powerbook.

regards,  Trevor