[Ti] Connecting to Motorola Razor Phone (Off Topic)

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sat May 28 08:59:28 PDT 2005

At 10:49 AM +0300 2005.05.28, David DelMonte wrote:

>Shawn and Woz, when you do find THE phone, let us know! Please!!!

First, as with laptops, there is no one THE phone. First of all, the list of features that someone like myself would want is very large and no phone is likely ever to hit them all. Second, as soon as there is "THE' phone I'll add something else I'd like, for example a built in HD memory. Third, no two people are likely to agree on such a thing as THE phone. Different people want different things.

That being said, I got totally turned on to bluetooth phones with my bluetooth PowerBooks some time ago. I used virtually all of the following quite a bit. This applies to all my Sony Ericcson phones (T68i, T616, T636, T637).

1. bluetooth mouse - easy to keep in backpack with PowerBook
2. bluetooth keyboard - mainly used on tower at home, didn't really 'need' it
3. address book synchronization computer/phone
4. address book synchronization phone/car
5. bluetooth headset - when kept in pocket served as a mini-phone
6. Blue Phone Elite - could see caller ID on PowerBook while phone charging in hotels
7. Salling Clicker - set iTunes playing with all song data and choices like album names right on my phone in bed. This was GREAT
8. hands free phone use in Prius
9. wireless access to internet through phone
10. transferring ring tones from computer, although MP3 not supported on those phones
11. transferring photos to and from computer
12. taking hands-free calls on the phone while playing Segway polo. I once took a 1-hour call with the National Medal of Technology Committee (of which I was the chair) while playing polo. The call came in and I said "answer" and took the call. The other committee members kept complaining about the game noise and told me to turn down my radio or move it but I couldn't get them to understand that I was IN the game at the time. There are a combination of reasons that this is not possible with the RAZR phone. It has too low a volume, especially with bluetooth headsets, and you have to push a button to answer a call, somethnig not possible while playing Segway polo.

The main thing I'd want now is more memory for things like photos, and an audio recorder built in as well. To me the iPod is so perfect that I wouldn't want it built into something else.

As soon as the RAZR fades from fashion I plan to switch back to my T637 phone. I loved everything on that phone and now I cuss many times every day with my RAZR.
--

Best regards,

Steve  (ok a new size tv)