[Ti] Connecting to Motorola Razor Phone (Off Topic)

Bob Jacobsen Bob_Jacobsen at lbl.gov
Sat May 28 18:45:55 PDT 2005

At 2:57 PM -0700 5/28/05, Norman Cohen wrote:
>On May 28, 2005, at 2:43 PM, Kathi Carey wrote:
>
>>I love my Treo 650.  Bluetooth, plays tunes (like an iPod), plays games,
>>plays movies, keeps my datebook, calendar, names and addresses, notes,
>>tasks, has cool ring-tones, a world clock, an alarm clock, syncs with my
>>powerbook, takes pics and video, surf the web with full html graphics, etc.,
>>get email, what else could a girl want?  Except maybe diamonds?  ;-)
>>
>>Kathi
>>
>Which cell carrier do you use? I am currently with Verizon. I
>believe that they have crippled bluetooth support on some of their
>phones in the past. I'm interested in the Treo 650, but am not sure
>if I'm going to continue with Verizon.

I'm with Cingular (ex AT&T). To get my Treo 650 to allow the Mac ->
(Bluetooth) -> Treo -> Internet thing to work, I had to install a
hacked version of one of the Treo files.  But once that was done, and
I'd got all the bits configured right, it works pretty well.

Unfortunately, cell phone coverage in the People's Republic of
Berkeley is spotty, and there's little prospect of new towers being
put up.

While we're off topic, does anybody know how to get a Treo to play
nice when sharing a BT headset with a Mac?  I haven't been able to
figure out how to set things up so I can use the headset on the Mac,
and quickly switch it over to the phone when a call comes in.

Bob
--
Bob_Jacobsen at lbl.gov +1-510-486-7355 fax +1-510-643-8497 AIM, Skype JacobsenRG