[Ti] Tiger Install (?)

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 1 04:50:41 PST 2005

At 20:34 -0800 31/10/05, T Molnar wrote:
>Hi listers,
>
>I am wondering about a few things as it concerns my tibook 1ghz with
>512 mb before I go ahead with this update or completely new install.
>Even some general comment would be helpful from people's experience.
>I am currently reading over what's involved with the install but
>would like to hear others opinions.
><snip>
>Opinions on this?
>
>Here's my other concerns any insight / advice is very welcome
>
>1.  How many app's will I have to reinstall registrations for
>etc....few, most, all?
>for example I have the latest QuickTime Pro.  Will the Tiger
>install recognize this and not reinstall an older version over top?
>
>2.   Will my computer at least not run slower with this install?
>(meaning should i also definitely install more RAM? )
>
>3.   Are there improvements to the video drivers for the ATI card
>that is installed in this powerbook?
>
>Those are my concerns,
>
>Any help/advice is most welcome.
>
>thanks so much
>
>tim

Tim,

Can I suggest you have a look at one of the "Take Control" publications:

<<http://www.takecontrolbooks.com/tiger-upgrading.html>>

I think you will find it US$5 will spent. There are other Tiger
related publications too that you might like to look at.

If you format the drive then Tiger will put its "normal" copy of QT
on your machine (so make sure you have your "pro" key handy).
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Macintosh is why computers are fun! -- Mark Handler