[Ti] 10.4.3 - Strange Permissions Repair [OT]

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Tue Nov 1 14:36:22 PST 2005

As suggested, before installing the new system, I did a permissions
repair installed and then did another permissions repair.

I don’t know if anyone has noticed yet, but the permissions repair
windows now fills up with “We are now using special permissions...”
information lines which, of course, are totally ignored. Does anyone
know how to get rid of these lines? It has now become a real chore to
sort through all this chaff to see if any files or folders have
actually had permissions repaired. And perhaps someone can tell me
why Apple in its great corporate wisdom has seen fit to include all
this useless information in the scanning procedure.

jg