[Ti] TiBook Logic Board Issue, maybe ... ?

Jason at Carbotron jason at kradcarbon.com
Mon Nov 7 08:22:36 PST 2005

try popping the back of the case and tightening any loose screws
inside. it sounds like a bad ground issue, and i've had to repair 3
tibooks like this. all of them had seen vibration, lots of rapid
thermal changes (not extreme, just rapid, and repeated) and travel.
after a couple times of just retorquing, a proper carrying case was
developed, and no reoccurrence in any of them in the past two years.
though i can't say it's common at all, as these circumstances were
unique. good luck!

	-Jason Economou
	Carbotron Composites
	kradcarbon.com

On Oct 27, 2005, at 8:37 PM, Mikael Byström wrote:

Ardeshir Mehta said:

> Could it be that the logic board is faulty, despite the "Apple
> Hardware Test" showing it to be working just fine? Has anyone had
> this problem? And is there a cure?

I have a 400 mhz board that does the same lockup even as the "Apple
Hardware Test" CD for my model doesn't find any problems, indicating
intermittent problems. The only possible direction of causes I could
think of was to investigate if there was some excessive heat involved,
so
I measured just above the processor with an external temperature device.
In my case this wasn't the problem. Besides that I did all you mentioned
as well.

Faulty parts and connectors are other possible causes, but those are
difficult to pin down unless one possess the necessary knowledge. Look
at
the board for anything obvious. Friends of mine have saved their macs
finding bad soldering and such just by looking.