Re: [Ti] missing fonts in Keynote®

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Wed Nov 9 18:33:04 PST 2005

Trevor, I just came across a post in another forum as a result of a
Google search. Here it is:

<quote>

The strange behave is that some applications create a "ArialMS" from
this
font when exporting, others an "Arial" only.

FreeHand 10 exports a PDF which has an "Arial" only, whereas it
print/distillers a PDF with a missing "ArialMS".
FreeHand 9 does a missing font in both this PDF ways.

Furthermore in some eps files not each "ArialMS" provokes an error in
e.g. Photoshop or Acrobat. While FreeHand 9+10 export an eps which
results in complaints about a missing font in PShop or Acrobat, the
QuarkXPress eps contains this "ArialMS" without complaints. - Additional
Photoshop in some cases opens such eps with complaints - but shows the
correct font when opened. Hm, hm ...

I'm not going to change the files now. I wait what the service bureau
will experience with them. Weird thing, I'd chosen Arial to make it as
easy as possible for the workflow. I've never expected that this "Arial"
could do any problems.

<End of quote.>

If you can make out what this person was talking about, maybe this
will help.

jg