[Ti] Mactel powerbooks coming...when?

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Nov 14 16:05:28 PST 2005

Well, let’s look at the future...

Intel say they will release “Yonah” sometime around January of next
year. This is a wimpy 32 bit processor that comes in single and dual
core. Hopefully Apple will adopt the dual core version. Then, toward
the end of 2006 Intel “plans” to release the “Merom” which is a true
64-bit processor that will be dual core and looks to be a winner in
today’s perspective. But by then who knows what IBM will have coming
out of the gate? I would assume it will be a blazingly fast quad core
64-bit processor and will be low-power, low-heat and very adaptable
for portable use.

jg

PS: Haven’t we had this discussion before? I answer my own question:
we probably have, but it is fun anyway...