[Ti] Re: tibook 400 stripes on the screen

Dan K macdan at comcast.net
Wed Nov 16 20:51:40 PST 2005

Mikael Bystr?m <mikael.bystrom at punkass.com> asks:
>There must be a group somewhere that discusses LCD's specifically. Anyone
>have an idea?

Well, perhaps, but in the meantime try this:
<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Anisotropic+conductive+film%22>

I've found there are two basic varieties of Anisotropic conductive film
used to attach the circuit ribbons to the edge of an LCD, a thermosetting
type and a thermplastic type. The thermosetting stuff must be removed
(heat to loosen, then MEK to remove) and replaced to repair, but the
thermoplastic type can be be reheated to 'reset'.

Dunno how you'd tell the diff, I guess just experiment . . . Anyhow, the
google search above will provide an interested reader with hours of
enjoyment. Did for me at least.

;-)

dan k

http://macdan.n3.net/