[Ti] Powerbook MacIntel... could be, could be... what do you think?

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Sat Nov 19 09:31:17 PST 2005

Chris Olson said:

>With the billions of lines of code that have been polished on
>PowerPC, all the problems are not going to be found in the port to
>x86.  For instance, an integer divide-by-zero exception in some
>obscure subroutine results in a crash on 86, while on PowerPC the
>same operation returns zero.

Where? In applications? The OS? You don't believe that Apple have
compiled and most likely been testrunning OS X on Intel since 2000, which
is what Steve Jobs said? You think Apple aren't aware of possible
problems with the change and have taken preventive counter measures? You
think you know more than Apple about this matter?
You don't even know which Intel processor Apple is going to use. You know
squat about this. That is characteristic of a self-appointed expert.

I will always welcome your informed opinion, if that is what you offer
and there's nothing wrong with that, but you make it sound like you know
it all on this matter and quite clearly you don't.

That is not to say that your concerns could be valid, but you must
realize you present them as FUD. Fatalism isn't informed opinion.

Also, you still haven't said why Apple haven't made any PBs with any of
IBMs portable processors. Even the G5 came in a 1.3 Ghz portable version.
No machines for no reason?