[Ti] Powerbook MacIntel... could be, could be... what do you think?

Chris Olson chris.olson at astcomm.net
Sun Nov 20 14:40:03 PST 2005

On Nov 19, 2005, at 11:31 AM, Mikael Byström wrote:

> Where? In applications? The OS?

If you have to ask, then there's no sense in me even attempting to
explain it.  Obviously you've never written a line of code in your life.

> You don't believe that Apple have compiled and most likely been
> testrunning OS X on Intel since 2000,

I don't care if Apple has been test running it since 1,000 BC.  Third
party software developers haven't.  And software is what makes any
platform a viable solution.  If you think Mac OS X is viable with
only what it ships with, out of the box, you're badly mistaken.  And
I'll guarantee you x86 applications that people depend on to do their
work aren't ready yet for OS X on x86, and many still won't be when
the first boxes are released.  It's considerably more complicated
than simply checking the box in Xcode for a universal ("fat") binary.

I'm working on porting a MySQL client application to MacTel at this
very moment.  Been working on it for over a month.  Won't run with
Rosetta either because it's mostly AltiVec code.  I'm getting back to
work and leaving you in your dream world.

End of discussion.
--
Chris