[Ti] Antivirus

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Mon Nov 21 02:12:24 PST 2005

On 21 Nov 2005, at 09:54, Chris Kougouleris - CKougar wrote:

> Hi all...
>
> which antivirus program do u use on your TiBook .... if you use one?

None. I have used Norton for a long time, became more of a problem in
the early days of OS X and removed all trace of it, then Virex
(with .Mac), but then they dropped it, and so I have none......

Since 1989, I once had a Word Macrovirus that prevented me saving my
files, which came from a colleague's Word document (PC version).
Never had any other virus issue.

I personally think it would be a good move by Apple to build anti-
virus code either in to the OS (assuming that this would be the best
level at which ti implement it) or as an OS X application, in
anticipation of wider OS acceptance on the Intel investment base, and
the time will come for sure when someone will start virus/worm
activity that could become an issue.

regards,  Trevor