[Ti] Freeze at shutoff/restart

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Wed Nov 23 04:58:02 PST 2005

On 11/22/05 11:19 AM, "George Kurten" <gvsk at earthlink.net> wrote:

> Specks: Oig. Titanium G4 400 MHZ  512  ram running 10.4.3
>
> Problem: Choosing restart or shutdown begins the process by closing the
> desktop but then freezes. Leaving me to have to push the power button
> to shut it off.
>
> Any trouble shooting Suggestions?

Try getting Doktor Cleaner and running a long fix. This seemed to have
cleared up a number of similar problems for me on my 1 Ghz PBG4. It clears
out the caches, fixes permissions and some other clean up work. It's free
and relatively fast so it will cost you only a little time. Look on
Versiontracker.
--
Jesse

"Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It
hopes we've learned something from yesterday."  - John Wayne