[Ti] Antivirus - ClamXav

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Wed Nov 23 11:14:29 PST 2005

On 23 Nov 2005, at 03:17, Jay Ruuska wrote:
>  ClamXav

This product was completely new to me,  Never came across it ever
before.
It makes me wonder what good stuff is lurking out there, unknown even
to a 16year Mmac user....

So I downloaded and installed ClamXav without any problem.

I ran it and found no viruses.

It has one rather bizarre behaviour: I tried to search my startup
partition and it said it could not do that, but stated that I could
search parts of it.  I selected ALL the files and folders, de-
selected one tiny file, and it worked fine,.  So it cannot deal with
ALL the partition, just 99.999% of it.  Seemed somewhat bizarre to me !

regards,  Trevor