[Ti] Re: OpenOffice on Mac

Dr Trevor J. Hutley TrevorHutley at consultant.com
Wed Nov 23 13:40:09 PST 2005

On 23 Nov 2005, at 21:20, Mikael Byström wrote:

> TjL said:
>
>> WordPerfect is a much better and easier to use program.
>
> And is available on Mac OS X?

I used WordPerfect under Classic on my Ti-500 for several years
(until my Ti500 was stolen) and found it much better than Word for
making precise and professional looking documents/letters.

I often asked Corel if they were working on an X version, and they
always said "if the market demands it".

I still use Word 11.1 for some documents, and am always frustrated by
the way "it" decides to change the font size of lines if I do a
backspace anywhere near any text, or how it takes over like an alien
when I am trying to format paragraphs or questions in an Exam paper,
and does what it wants, not what I want.  I have Pages, and when it
grows up a bit, it may very well simply displace Word.  I was amazed
at what sophisticated documents I could produce in a very short time.

I already transferred 100% to Keynote for presentations, and will
never even look back.

As has been said before, it is only an Excel equivalent we are
missing.  I have 11.1, but Excel 8 is still the best for managing
worksheet content !!

Trevor