[Ti] Need new power supply...

John simplymail at ururk.com
Sun Nov 27 14:28:42 PST 2005

Well, I think my power brick is about to die on me - the connector
strain relief has split, and it's frayed/shorting

$75.00?

Also, my 550mhz PMU is on the fritz - after getting a new (free,
within warranty) replacement battery, my powerbook charges up to 20%
- then jumps to full. Conversely, it discharges from 100% to 60% then
to 0%.

$????.00

I have tried everything short of a reinstall of software (running
latest version of Tiger) for the PMU - Open Firmware reset, PMU
reset, etc... I take it the PMU is integrated into this version of
the PB?

So, for the power brick... Any brands recommended? I like the
straight plug.

And the PMU... Is it integrated into the logic board on the 550 Ti?

Thanks!

John Pariseau