[Ti] Ti Overclocking and Re: Ti Power adapters

Mikael Byström mikael.bystrom at punkass.com
Mon Nov 28 06:34:13 PST 2005

alippman at optonline.net said:

>Anyone know if its possible to overclock the processor on my Powerbook
>G4 867 /640
Select Powerbook G4 at this page: <http://forums.xlr8yourmac.com/
cpureview.lasso>
I wouldn't risk it myself unless I had the means to get a backup machine
in my hands quickly. The margins with the TiBooks are very small when it
comes to overclocking. You could be very unlucky.

> or at least allow it to use much more ram (like 2gb instead
>of 640 mb)
The TiBook 867 can address 1.0GB of RAM to the best of my knowledge (2 x
512). Can this be enough?

>, i need it for some heavy video work and i cant afford a new
>computer right now.
What kind of heavy video work? After Effects? Other applications?
Usually, pure video editing does make its toll on the IO-processes, like
disk access, rather than the CPU. Please describe your objective a little
bit more clearly.