[Ti] Cleaning screen on Ti.

Kynan Shook kshook at cae.wisc.edu
Sun Oct 2 11:00:35 PDT 2005

Just to preface my comment, I'm not making an attack on what you use
to clean your screen here, on environmental grounds or anything else...

However, Windex is probably a bad choice.  Apple (and LCD
manufacturers) recommend using water only.  If you want to use
something other than water, you should use a mild cleaner designed
for LCDs that contains no alcohol or ammonia; according to the FAQs
at windex.com, Windex contains both alcohol and ammonia.

The reason for this is that there are coatings that go on the surface
of the LCD which can be rubbed off; your display could start looking
patchy if the coatings get rubbed off.

So, direct from The Source, I present the official Apple
recommendations:

Personally, I've tried Klear Screen a few times; it does what it
says, but I'm not sure that it cleans any better than water for
normal use.  Plus, water's a little cheaper around here, so it saves
me a few bucks.