[Ti] Battery Not Charging...

John simplymail at ururk.com
Mon Oct 3 09:17:40 PDT 2005

> John <simplymail at ururk.com> writes:
>
>> So, my powerbook decided to stop charging my battery. I don't have
>> access to a known working battery till Monday.
>>
>> I reset the PMU, using the little reset button on the back, with the
>> computer off - the clock was reset, so I know I did the reset
>> procedure right.
>>
>> Any suggestions? The battery is not even a year old.

The battery was bought in November of last year, so it's going back -
hopefully I won't get a refurb. They do come with a 1 year warranty,
so that aspect is taken care of. Plus, I tried the battery out on my
co-workers Ti - wouldn't charge. But my PB would charge her battery.

Sorry for the initial frantic posting... was just a bit worried that
my PMU died on me.

Let's hypothetically say that my PMU is dead. On a 550, is the PMU on
a separate board, or is it integrated into the motherboard?

Thanks!

John Pariseau