[Ti] Battery Not Charging...

John simplymail at ururk.com
Wed Oct 5 19:35:19 PDT 2005

> try a program called xbattery (see versiontracker). It's worth it.
> Using it, I had to recycle my battery about 6 or 7 times (letting
> the power drain and completely recharging it),  before the capacity
> reached close to the specification. It was a pain in the bottom.

Don't get me wrong - the battery lasted 4 hours (with airport, email,
and the processor running at 100% converting RAW image files). It's
just the discharge curve was disconcertingly linear (I was expecting
closer to an exponential decay). Of course, perhaps on a log-log
scale it would look that way, I don't think a linear "curve" would
look exponential, though.

X-Charge works pretty well, though, and is free.

Thanks, though. I might get xbattery if my battery life starts to
decay rapidly in the future.

John