[Ti] Re: [PB] Apple Remote + Front Row

Tarik Bilgin tarik at opalblue.com
Fri Oct 14 01:43:26 PDT 2005

Jim Freeman wrote:

> My old Pismo had infrared. I never found a use for it.

My Rev A Tibook had irDA, and in the days before bluetooth I used it to
set up GPRS internet connections with my mobile phone. Was problematic
at the best of times, because you had to precisely line up the
transmitters (often tricky on the road) to get it to work. The moment BT
was supported in phones I bought myself a BT phone and USB  dongle to
supercede this irDA connection.

I also had a computer called the Mac IIvi many years ago (around 1993 i
think?) , which came with a TV tuner card built in , an irDA receiver on
the front, and a slim remote control usable for switching channels and
adjusting volume. Worked like a charm and in 1993 it turned heads even
though it was a rather low end, consumer Mac.

--
Tarik