[OT] Re: [Ti] Re: New iMac models... [Faxing]

Robert Ameeti robert at Ameeti.net
Sat Oct 15 09:23:47 PDT 2005

At 5:09 PM +0100, 10/15/05, Tarik Bilgin wrote:

>Dennis Fazio wrote:
>
>>I always find it humorous that some institutions will only accept a
>>faxed document, which can be easily forged with scissors and
>>Elmer's glue, and not an emailed PDF with JPEG signature pasted in.
>>But logic and reason don't always rule in business and government
>>regulations.
>
>There is one advantage with a fax. It's a takes more effort to spoof
>(and therefore impersonate)  a number using the telephone system
>than with STMP email. (i.e at the very least the phone company
>record the transaction, and the phone number of sender appears on
>the incoming fax receipt)

The phone number there is merely whatever the sender happened to have
put into the sending fax machine to identify the fax machine. It can
be anything or nothing.
--

Robert Ameeti

Things Are More Like They Are Now Than They Ever Were Before.

 - Former U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower