[Ti] A new powerbook on the road

Carlos Fernando Hernandez nandoz at cln.megared.net.mx
Wed Oct 19 17:26:46 PDT 2005

Hi pb users,

I'm down with Apple lately, even when I have owned a few PBs and iMacs. I used to consider
myself as a devote fan of apple an try to switch as many people as I know to the Mac
plataform, why? to simply, it just works all the time.

But at some point I was so focus (by the media and Apple) on Mac power and exclusivity that
I forgot why I switched... my answer was power and stability, yes.

Today we are seeing the first G5 processor with multiple Core (I saw that thing somewhere
else, where is the innovation on that) and the PowerBook just receive a bunch of stuff we
already have cover with usb devices or something else, the extra screen is good, but is just
that... good.

I can't wait to see the new powerbook with the P4 D or something like that, something that
give us the power of a desktop on the road. I know we hardly will have the 80% of the raw
power of desktops (due to heat issues) but, some extra power to edit audio, video, 3d or
something else ... I get into computers due to games and sometimes I want to play a game
(with nice graphics and sounds) but as far as today some computers have more power than
others and tell me if I'm wrong but all of us buy macs computers because they have more
power than the others.

If this war in hardware enviroment went wrong with Mac, I hope they can release the Tiger or
Leopard inside to the others hardware developers.

Well as always I'm just sharing a though with all of you.

Carlos F Hernandez
iMac G3 333mhz, PB G4 800mhz, PG G4 17" 1ghz and PowerMac G4 1Ghz

 --
Gran parte de las dificultades por las que atraviesa el mundo, se deben a que los ignorantes
están completamente seguros y los inteligentes llenos de dudas.

BERTRAND ARTHUR W.RUSSELL