[Ti] Intel cuts PC boot time

Jay Ruuska jruuska at aol.com
Thu Oct 20 16:56:13 PDT 2005

> Intel is showing off a future technology called Robson that could
> cut that annoying boot-up time.
>
> With Robson, a PC pulls data and applications off an add-in flash
> memory card

Frankly I'm a little surprised that PowerBooks don't already have OS X boot
cards (PCMCIA so they don't protrude out of a USB slot) and multiple hard
disks for mass storage (the little iPod-sized ones). Perhaps they are saving
these drool-worthy goodies for the MacIntels.

While my PowerBook is getting repaired I've had to boot a G3 iBook and and a
G4 tower off my backup FireWire drive. I am amazed at how well this works
with OS X -- practically no issues -- stuff just works, so a bootable memory
card should work too.

Best Regards,
Jay